This is a post where I accept a few tags and blogger recognition awards by answering the nominators’ interesting questions. First of all, I apologize for my late response. Anyway, here goes.
The Blue Sky Tag:
My wonderful friends, Varun (My Art & Me) and Poetrylover (poetry2473) are the ones who tagged me. Thank you both so much. You should certainly check out the poems written by these two. They are absolutely delightful.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer their questions.
- Tag people.
- Give them questions to answer.
Alright! Time to answer some questions.
1. What’s your opinion on the existence of other dimensional travels and parallel multiverse?
I would like to believe that they are possible. May be our dreams are one mode for parallel dimension travel. Probably, there is no proof for this. But I would like to believe in them.
2. If you could travel back in time, where would you go? (you get only three chances for the time travel)
I have no intension of going back in time. I certainly don’t want to live those years again. Let’s go into the future, into something new!
3. What supernatural power would you like to have?
I would love to fly. Soar high above, above the trees and the clouds. That would be wonderful.
4. What’s your favorite season of the year?
The holiday season, of course!
5. What would you rather be? A werewolf or a vampire? (you have to choose between them. No ‘neither’ option)
I do love Lupin (from Harry Potter), so a werewolf.
6. What are the top three wishes from your bucket list?
It keeps changing. For now, I will have to say, 1) I want to find my passion, 2) Travel, 3) Write consistently.
7. What is or was your new year’s resolution for 2017?
I don’t make any New year’s resolution. My post, New Year Resolutions, should tell you why.
8. If you had a choice, would you rather relive your teenage years or your 20s years? Why?
I wouldn’t want to live those years, both my teenage years and my early twenties. I went through a lot during that period. I’m extremely glad to be right here, right now.
9. What’s the one thing about you that people notice instantly? (your unique trait or trademark)
I’m not very sure. But I guess, my glasses. I wear HUGE glasses. I’ve got very powerful eyes. Ha Ha!
10. (last and simple one) What’s your most favorite dish?
Anything my mom cooks. She’s the best!
1. What’s your favorite song?
Ha! This is so difficult. I’m currently hooked to Coldplay’s ‘Hymn for the weekend’. But my all time favorite songs are composed by A.R.Rahman. I have no words to express how much his music means to me.
2. One food you can’t live without?
I love rice. I don’t think I can go on without it.
3. What inspires you? and 8. What motivates you?
Many things, the people around me, their conversations, relationships, nature, documentaries, other people’s writings, movie scripts, art…. This can go on forever!
4. Do you prefer summer or winter?
In the summer, I prefer winter and in the winter, summer! Typical.
5. What are your hobbies?
I love doing a variety of things. But I’m not an expert in anything. I love to write (Duh!), paint, sing, listening to music, dreaming, walking, watching anime…. Another limitless list.
6. Do you participate in any sports?
Not at all. I’m terrible at sports.
7. Do you regret anything you’ve done?
A lot of things. But I don’t let them get to me, too much.
8. Who’s your favourite celebrity?
No one really, but I do love A.R.Rahman’s music. So probably him.
9. What makes you happy?
10. What makes you sad?
When I realize that being myself could hurt someone.
My dear friend, Varun (a.k.a Uchiha) has nominated me for a couple of blogger’s recognition award.
The Real Neat Blog award
Created by Dear Kitty. Some blog
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are my answers to his questions:
1. If you had to choose between super strength or super speed, which would you choose? And why?
Super speed, I guess. This sounds more fun. Even if I were super strong, I would still have to work in front of my computer each day. With super speed, I could at least get some work done, sooner.
2. Have you ever been caught by your teacher in a very bad situation? How did you deal with it?
I once corrected my English teacher during class. She blasted me left, right and center. I silently stood and heard what she had to say. She was in a bad mood. She must have had a fight back home. Poor thing.
3. Are you scared of darkness and ghost stories? How much?
I used to be terrified of darkness. I never used to enter a room without the lights on. I remember how my brother used to turn of the bathroom lights, once I enter it. Ha Ha! I guess I’m better now.
4. Would you stay the night in a graveyard alone by yourself as a bet after watching a severe horror film at night?
I don’t watch horror movies. I can’t even bear the thought of this situation. Ha Ha! Ghosts may or may not exist, but I’m not staying in a graveyard at night.
5. If you were given 10 million dollars as a gift by a big mafia boss for doing something very good for him, like saving his or his child’s life, how would you spend it?
My first reaction would be, ‘No thanks’. But if he does insist, I would probably open some health care facilities or some schools.
6. If you had an opportunity to 100 percent change yourself or your surroundings and happenings, what would you change? What would you choose?
I think a natural change happens with time, if you are an open minded person. I would like time and my choices to reflect the changes in me.
The Blog-aholic Award
Created by The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy)
1. Put the above logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (it can be to the post in which they nominated you or any other post or you can even link to their ‘About’ page).
4. Mention the creator of the award and please provide a link to The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy).
5. Write a post to show your award.
6. Share a link to your best post(s).
7. Share 3 interesting and different facts about yourself. (I think you have heard enough about me! Phew! )
8. Nominate 5-10 bloggers or more of you wish.
9. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I’m not sure what my ‘best’ posts are. That’s for the readers to decide. But the ones that are close to heart are my first two posts on my blog.
- Alone inside– My first poem ever (if you neglect some 4 liners etc).
- Sleeping child– My second poem, inspired by my close friend who gave birth to a still-born child.
Alright! Time for me to nominate. It’s your call to accept it or not.
Blue sky tag:
The Real neat blog award:
The blog-aholic award:
Here are my questions for the Blue sky tag and The Real neat blog award:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the one change you see in yourself after you started your blog?
- When do you write the best? I mean, is it when you are sad and moody or cheerful and happy?
- Are your stories/poems happy ones or sad ones, predominantly? Do you think it tells something about the emotions you are going through?
- What is the best comment you’ve received on your blog so far?
All my questions are related to blogging. I hope while you answer them, you’ll be motivated further, to write better. That is always good for a reader, like me. Isn’t it?
Thanks a lot for reading, you guys!